03 October 2010

time travel meme

Sunday morning coffee and the Time Traveler meme, thanks to Sunday Stealing. I'm going back roughly 10 years ago. It was 1999-2000 and I was 22-23 years of age.

1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet?
The hair is different, the skin is clearer but I can still fit into *some* clothes from back then ... so yes, my younger self would recognize me now. Or, maybe my younger self would be amazed at how damn tired I look.

2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise?
My younger self would be surprised to know current me is working so far from home. To be honest, ten years ago I briefly worked at the same company (different city, different job position) that I am working at now. I think younger me would be surprised to know that I work in such solitude.

3. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS?
Don't wear a short plaid skirt and knee high socks on first dates. It will only get you in trouble. Sweet, sweet trouble.

4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know?
I think the younger me would like to know if it gets easier to meet people who I truly click with, especially romantically and sexually.

5. How would you answer YYS's question?
I would say that it would become easier to meet people but it will take some taste testing to discover who/what is sexually compatible with me. I would tell her now that the loneliness she feels is okay and will follow her forever - learn the tools to deal with it.

6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS?
Oh, there's so much I could tell her. Don't sleep with B unless you just want a good fuck - don't do it because you still love him (current me could have so much fun with him from what I know now!) Wear protection. Work on yourself and your hurts before getting involved with someone else, deprogram. Believe in yourself more - you can to whatever you want in life. Don't be so scared.

7. What is something that you probably wouldn't tell YYS?
Maybe I'd leave out some heartbreak. She'll discover that soon enough.

8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you?
That I committed to a long term relationship.

9. What do you think will least surprise YYS?
That I am in love and lust with someone else. Oh, drama - you are truly ageless!

10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into "you" from the future?
Really? Younger self was 22 and single, could handle her alcohol, and didn't feel like hell when she stayed up all night. Younger self could dance in 4 inch heels - while drinking! - and last all night. I think current me is a little too mellow for her! ;) However, younger self had much more disposable income ... current me would like some of that!

1 comment:

Tarunita said...

Had fun knowing more about you through these questions!!

http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunday-stealing-time-traveler-meme.html